Beginning Monday, April 27, the Library will be providing a curbside pickup service by appointment only.
To support social distancing efforts, we are offering contactless curbside pickup and are operating with very limited staff. Staff will fill your holds as quickly as possible, but you should expect longer wait times. Thanks for your patience.
Curbside pickup at Pauline Haass Public Library is offered by appointment only during these hours:
Monday-Thursday 10:00am to 7:00pm
Friday 10:00am to 4:00pm
Saturday 10:00am to 1:00pm
Follow three easy steps to pick up materials:
Step one: Place your items on hold.
- Please have your library card number handy.
- Use our catalog to search and to place holds on your materials.
- You can also call the library, email us, or chat via our website to place holds.
- When placing your hold, remember to select Pauline Haass Public Library as your pick up location.
- Due to social distancing and limited staff in the building, expect longer wait times for your holds to be processed.
Step two: Library staff will notify you when your holds are ready. At that point, you can contact us to schedule an appointment.
- Staff will schedule a 30 minute window for you to pick up your holds.
- Please be ready to provide your license plate number when you make your appointment. This is how we will identify you when you pull up to the library building.
Step three: Pick up your items.
- Park by the READ letters so we can see your license plate number.
- PLEASE wait in your vehicle if you see someone else picking up holds!
- Staff will set your items on a table outside. Please wait until they are back in the building before approaching.
- Your bag will be labeled with your last name, last 5 digits of of your library card number, and your license plate number.
- Grab your bag and enjoy!
If you wish to return items, you can put them in the book drop.
Please do not attempt to return materials at the curbside pickup table or to staff. This is essential to maintain safe handling of all materials.
The no-contact curbside pickup model we are using provides maximum social distancing for the safety of our patrons and our staff. Staff will use gloves and face coverings in accordance with CDC and WEDC guidelines.
All physical materials have been quarantined for 72 hours.
Patrons and staff should not approach one another and respect the need for social distancing. This may feel uncomfortable but is necessary to provide a safe, contactless pickup service.