Circulation Manager — full-time position
Applications are due by 5 p.m., Friday, May 29
The Pauline Haass Public Library is seeking applications for a responsible, customer service-driven Circulation Manager to join our team. This is a full-time supervisory position that includes one evening a week and every third weekend. $20.67 to $24.04 per hour (depending upon experience) with competitive benefits. This position is open due to a retirement. To apply, please email all application materials to firstname.lastname@example.org by May 29, 2020.
The Circulation Manager directs and coordinates all circulation activities, and supervises all Circulation clerks and pages (shelvers). As a part of the library’s management team, the Circulation Manager reports to the Library Director and collaborates with other department heads to provide cohesive and consistent management across all library staff. This position is responsible for developing and enforcing policies and procedures, creating an exemplary standard for customer service, and managing services that reflect the mission of the Library and the needs of the community.
Essential duties include:
- Perform and supervise daily circulation operations: ensure organized appearance of the circulation work area and library collections, manage local operation of the ILS (circulation computer system), process holds and manage system delivery, perform cash handling/daily reconciliation procedures.
- Supervise circulation staff and pages: Train and monitor performance on a continual basis and provide annual performance evaluations. Create schedule for circulation staff and pages, ensuring coverage for sick leave and vacations. Delegate tasks as necessary and appropriate. Mentor and lead staff to fulfill library’s mission statement.
- Serve as primary staff member at checkout desk: Provide exemplary customer service in person, online, and by telephone. Assist patrons with their accounts, check in and out library materials, assess fines, resolve problems, provide guidance in the use of library facilities.
- Responsible for library operations and building during evening and/or weekend shifts.
- Recommend policy or procedure changes to the Director. Assist with hiring and employment decisions at request of library director.
- Keep up-to-date with and adhere to local and system-wide circulation rules and recommendations. Communicate system rules and recommendations to the appropriate staff.
- Collaborate with colleagues daily and in staff meetings. Assist colleagues with idea development and execution, provide vision for library operations now and in the future.
- Serve as library’s representative on the library system’s circulation committee.
- Attend meetings, training sessions, and conferences related to circulation and general library operations.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
This position requires a bachelor’s degree or significant experience working in a public library. Supervisory experience preferred.
Please read the full job description for this position before completing the application. To apply, submit a cover letter, resume, and completed application to email@example.com at the attention of Adele Loria, Library Director. The application deadline is May 29, 2020.
Maintenance Coordinator — part-time, year-round position
Applications are due by 5 p.m., Friday, May 22
The Pauline Haass Public Library is looking for a strong, reliable, skilled person for maintenance and light cleaning. The successful candidate will have a minimum of a high school diploma or GED; have up-to-date basic Windows and internet skills and possess a valid Wisconsin motor vehicle operator’s license. Previous custodial/maintenance experience is preferred.
Under general supervision, the Maintenance Coordinator performs cleanup and minor maintenance of the library building and grounds to ensure the comfortable, clean, and safe operation of the library for its customers and staff. This part-time position supplements contracted cleaning and preventative maintenance services.
This position averages 2.6 hours per day, Monday through Friday, for a total of 13 hours/week. Suggested start time is 7:30 a.m. Some projects are better done in larger time increments so may require a longer work day balanced by days off. This position does not qualify for health insurance coverage.
Starting wage: $18.00/hour
Please read the job description for this position thoroughly before filling out the job application.
Return the application with a cover letter that discusses your job qualifications and why you are interested in this position. You may attach a resume if you have one, but the application must be fully completed regardless.
Applications are due by 5 p.m., Friday, May 22. If we are interested in interviewing you, you will be contacted. Please keep the job description for your records, and bring it with you if you are scheduled for an interview.
Please email all application materials to firstname.lastname@example.org or mail to:
Pauline Haass Public Library
Attention: Adele Loria
N64W23820 Main Street
Sussex, WI 53089