Rules & Guidelines
● Enter only 1 category: Children, Teens (grades 7-12), Adults, and Family. Enter as individual OR team.
● Only 1 entry per individual or team.
● Base and Height: All entries must have a very sturdy base no larger than 18″ x 18″. Gingerbread house can be any size in height.
● Ingredients: Entire display except for the base must be made of edible materials. (Exception of lollipops with sticks). All ingredients must be non-perishable, so nothing that will spoil. All entries must use Royal Icing only (no buttercream as this will turn rancid).
● Feel free to get creative! Choose a different dwelling, structure or object. It does not have to be a traditional gingerbread house design.
● SUBMISSION DEADLINE HAS CLOSED (November 30).
VOTING & WINNING – VOTING EXTENDED!!
● There will be an open community vote for each age category until December 30. Due to the popularity of the contest we’ve extended this vote throughout the whole month of December! People can vote for 1 favorite in each category.
● The winner from each category will be announced the week of January 3.
● Winners will receive a Pauline Haass Public Library 2022 Gingerbread Contest ornament and bragging rights!
● All entries will be on public display in the library from December 1 – 30.
GOOD LUCK & HAVE FUN!
CHILDREN’S CATEGORY: Gingerbread House Sebastian by Sebastian
FAMILY CATEGORY: The Doyle Emojiland by The Doyle Family
TEEN CATEGORY: Up on the Rooftop by Ellie