Rules & Guidelines
● Registration is appreciated. REGISTER HERE!
●Enter only 1 category: Children, Teens (grades 7-12), Adults, and Family. Enter as individual OR team.
● Only 1 entry per individual or team.
● Base and Height: All entries must have a very sturdy base no larger than 18″ x 18″. Gingerbread house can be any size in height.
● Ingredients: Entire display except for the base must be made of edible materials. (Exception of lollipops with sticks). All ingredients must be non-perishable, so nothing that will spoil. All entries must use Royal Icing only (no buttercream as this will turn rancid).
● Feel free to get creative! Choose a different dwelling, structure or object. It does not have to be a traditional gingerbread house design.
● Upon final submission you will give your entry a festive name and describe the materials you used.
● Drop your gingerbread creation off at the library on Wednesday, November 29 or Thursday, November 30 between 9:30am – 8:00pm.
● Submissions will not be accepted after November 30.
VOTING & WINNING
● There will be an open community vote for each age category from December 2 – 22. People can vote for 1 favorite in each category.
● The winner from each category will be announced the week of December 26.
● Winners will receive a Pauline Haass Public Library 2023 Gingerbread Contest ornament and King Arthur Flour gift card.
● All entries will be on public display in the library from December 2 – 30.
All submissions must be picked up by Friday, January 5, 2024.
GOOD LUCK & HAVE FUN!
ADULT WINNER: “Christmas on the Farm” by Anne
FAMILY WINNER: “The Cottage” by Anna, Clara, and Josie
CHILDREN’S WINNER: “Winter Wonderland” by Madeline and Grace
TEEN WINNER: “Winter Cottage” by Tess