Gingerbread House Build & Decorating Demo
Saturday, Nov. 6 from 12:00-1:00pm
Join us for a Gingerbread House Build & Decorating Demo presented by the WCTC Baking and Pastry Management Program! They will share tips and tricks and also their gingerbread and royal icing recipes. Attend the demo and enter to WIN a Gingerbread House Decorating Cookbook and a frosting piping bag set!
● Pre-registration is optional and appreciated. Pre-register HERE!
● Enter only 1 category: Children, Teens (grades 7-12), Adults, and Family. Enter as individual OR team.
● Only 1 entry per individual or team.
● Base and Height: All entries must have a very sturdy base no larger than 18″ x 18″. Gingerbread house can be any size in height.
● Ingredients: Entire display except for the base must be made of edible materials. (Exception of lollipops with sticks). All ingredients must be non-perishable, so nothing that will spoil. All entries must use Royal Icing only (no buttercream this will turn rancid).
● Feel free to get creative! Choose a different dwelling or structure. It does not have to be a traditional gingerbread house design.
● Upon final submission you will give your entry a festive name and will describe the materials you used.
● Drop your gingerbread creation off at the library on Monday, November 29 or Tuesday, November 30 between 9:30am – 8:00pm.
● Submissions will not be accepted after November 30.
VOTING & WINNING
● There will be an open community vote for each age category from December 1 – 19. People can vote for 1 favorite in each category.
● The winner from each category will be announced on Monday, December 20.
● Winners will receive a Pauline Haass Public Library 2021 Gingerbread Contest ornament and bragging rights!
● All entries will be on public display in the library from December 1 – 31.
GOOD LUCK & HAVE FUN!