Kids’ Choice Award
- Kids Choice Award: Every school year, kids in grades 4, 5, and 6 read from the carefully crafted list of 15 titles, and vote for their favorites. Kids’ Choice winners are highly recommended year-round.
Voting is open! Kids in grades 4, 5, and 6 may vote here February 14-March 14. May the best book win!
Award Winning Books
Our Staff Recommends
Even More Great Ideas: Reading Lists from the Association of Library Services to Children (ALSC).
- Building a Home Library lists, K thru 8th grade: Suggestions for high quality books to check out or to add to a child’s home library.
- Comforting Reads for Difficult Times: to help children going through challenging situations like the death of a loved one, an unexpected move, natural disasters and more.
- Graphic Novels Reading Lists, K thru 8th grade: No, it isn’t a comic book! Check out this growing genre with its complex plot lines, rich textual development, and quality illustrations that make it a true literary form.
- Forever Summer: See the latest summer’s reading lists for ideas about quality, enjoyable books at various grade levels.
- Stories of Immigration: Books that address the Latino/a immigration experience and provide young readers with insight into the very real struggles and choices faced by families every day.
- Unity. Kindness. Peace.: Created to share the message of creating unity, acting with kindness toward others, and promoting peace.
- Working Together for Justice: Created to affirm the rights of children and families, while encouraging discussions about social justice and equity.