Updated September 2, 2020
Thank you for your cooperation as we work to provide library services while keeping our staff and patrons safe! Libraries are busy places with heavy foot traffic, materials that travel between communities to different borrowers, and public areas with many high-touch surfaces. To ensure social distance and maintain a clean space, we are reintroducing services gradually and on a limited basis. Please check this page for updates to our service plan.
The library is open to the public with limited services and capacity. The library is adhering to CDC guidelines to prevent illness, and we ask for your cooperation. High-touch surfaces are cleaned on a scheduled basis throughout the day. Hand sanitizer is available throughout the building. Masks are required inside the library for everyone age four and older.
Fall 2020 Library Hours:
- Monday 9:30 to 5:00pm
- Tuesday 9:30am to 8:00pm
- Wednesday 9:30am to 5:00pm
- Thursday 9:30am to 8:00pm
- Friday 9:30am to 5:00pm
- Saturday 9:30am to 1:00pm
- Closed Sundays
Curbside Pickup Fall 2020 Hours (By Appointment Only):
- Monday-Thursday 10:00am to 12:00pm; 2:00 to 7:00pm
- Friday 10:00am to 12:00pm; 2:00 to 4:00pm
- Saturday 10:00am to 3:00pm
We will be closing early 2 evenings a week on Monday and Wednesday at 5:00pm. This is to help cover ongoing staff shortages due to COVID-19, and to allow staff that is here the chance to catch up on workflows that have been disrupted by the cleaning and quarantine protocols in place at the library. Curbside pickup will be available Monday and Wednesday until 7:00pm.
Our weekend hours will remain on the summer schedule through the end of 2020 (Saturday 9:30-1:00 and closed Sunday). Curbside pickup will be available until 3:00pm on Saturdays.
Reduced Building Capacity:
To ensure social distancing, we will allow a maximum of 50 people in the building at one time. Please limit your visit to 60 minutes per day to keep people moving through the building. Group gatherings will not be permitted.
Curbside Pickup Service:
This service will continue temporarily for those not comfortable entering the building. To allow unimpeded access to the lobby, curbside service will be moving to another part of the library. Please stay tuned and check the curbside service page for details.
Inside the library, you will be able to:
- Browse the collection and check out materials.
- Pick up holds.
- Use the computers for 60 minutes only. We will not extend sessions for the time being.
- Make photocopies, print, and fax.
- Use tables for work or study (one person only, 60 minute limit).
- Get limited staff assistance. Please keep in mind that staff will observe social distancing guidelines.
- Use study rooms (one person in small rooms, two people in large room, 60 minute limit). These rooms are sanitized by our cleaning service nightly, but we recommend that you sanitize them with the cleaning products provided before you use them.
Meeting Rooms, most seating areas, KidsLab, and children's play areas will remain closed for the time being. We will work to reintroduce these as quickly and safely as we can. Thanks for your patience!
The outside book drop is open 24/7. You will also be able to return items at a temporary drop inside the lobby beginning June 1. All materials are quarantined for 96 hours when returned. These will remain on your account for 96 hours. Once the quarantine period is up, your items will be checked in and removed from your card. You will not accrue any fines for the 96 hour quarantine period.
If you prefer not to enter the building for the time being, we understand! Your library is still here to connect you with information and ideas, and provide support during this stressful time. Explore all of our digital services, get answers to pressing questions, and find great resources from all over the web on this page!